Living in an era where everything happens so fast and prioritizing urgency in life’s various situations can generate an immense level of stress.
This is considered the disease of the 21st century and usually has repercussions on our health, whether short-term or long-term, specifically affecting the immune, digestive, cardiovascular, sleep, and reproductive systems.
Some people mainly experience digestive symptoms, while others may have headaches, insomnia, feel sadness or anger, or exhibit irritability.
Over time, ongoing stress on the body can contribute to serious health problems, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other illnesses, including mental disorders like depression or anxiety.
Check out these 4 easy ways to relieve stress in your daily life:
Spend time with friends and family:
- Social support from friends and family can help you cope with stressful times. Being surrounded by loved ones gives you a sense of belonging and self-esteem, which can help you navigate difficulties. One study found that, especially for women, spending time with friends and children helps release oxytocin, a natural relaxant. This effect is called “caring and befriending” and is contrary to a fight response.
- Mental stress activates your sympathetic nervous system, signaling your body to go into “fight mode.” During this reaction, stress hormones are released, and you experience physical symptoms such as an accelerated heart rate, faster breathing, and constriction of blood vessels. The goal of deep breathing is to focus your awareness on the action, slowing it down and deepening it. When you breathe deeply through your nose, your lungs expand fully, and your stomach increases in size. This helps slow your heart rate, allowing you to feel calmer.
Organize your week:
- Write down all your to-dos, either in a planner or on your cell phone, whichever is more convenient. This way, you will know what you have to do during the week without forgetting anything. Give each task a priority and a time limit to accomplish it, so you have more control over your day. Don’t forget that giving yourself time off is also important to keep stress at bay.
Consider Nutritional Supplements:
- Several supplements promote stress and anxiety reduction. Here’s a brief summary of some of the most common ones: Ashwagandha, Green Tea, Garcinia Cambogia, Vitamin B2. You can find all of these benefits in a wonderful cup of Shanthi Balance, a delicious drink that not only brings physical but also mental balance for your overall well-being. Shanthi Balance contains Ashwagandha, B12 vitamins, Guarana, and Garcinia Cambogia.
- Stress relief
- Anxiety control
- Improved mental focus
- Increased metabolism
- Appetite control
- Increased energy
- Mood enhancement
- Improved sexual and male function
- Relief from PMS symptoms
We hope these tips have guided you on how to reduce stress levels in your daily routine. Practice them frequently, and you will notice the difference. See you in the next blog!